Question of the day #34

Screen Shot 2015-09-14 at 8.45.02 AM

Tiles” that you find in your kitchen for instance are called “le carrelage“, it’s a singular term like “hair” in English. In Spanish, it is “la baldosa” (one “piece” of tile, like in English).

As far as “roof tiles” go, they are called “une tuile” in French, and “una teja” in Spanish. In both languages, they are individual pieces of tile, so we usually use it in the plural.